View Profile PaulyBFromDa303

94 audio Reviews with Responses

All 190 Reviews

Dang man. You've all but improved over time! I'm so glad you're still rockin out and going places! This was really adrenaline-pumping, gets me hyped for what I'm gonna be handling next. I suppose that's appropriate, for a Vs. battle scene. The last minute reminds me of, like, if Clint Eastwood movies were more metal (I mean, they kinda already are lol).

Keep it up brother! You're doing great!

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks, dude! I've been working hard on my songwriting, guitar playing and mixing for the last few years. A lot more to come! Thanks for listening! \m/

Is Simon by chance an enemy of Crash Bandicoot? Cause if so, this music would totally fit a Crash boss battle or mini-boss or something like that. The last two minutes are really intense. It's like the pinch of the battle. Love what you did with the percussion there.

Keep up the good work!

ADR3-N responds:

You know, I've never actually played Crash. Seen a few clips or watched over someone's shoulder. I'll have to go give it a listen. Thanks <3

Clearly you've put so much work in to this! It's been a while since I've heard an original Christmas track mixed in with an existing one.

My favorite aspect of this whole thing was how it started easy and quiet then added a little beat to it as it went on. It makes things more interesting

Congrats on this! It's amazing!

Troisnyx responds:

Aaaaa thank you so much <3 I wanted to channel the wonder and longing first before rousing the heart with the drum, so it'd start quiet at first. Spadez really set the tone perfectly with that intro section, I can't thank him enough.

This sounds like an Adult Swim text intro at a coffee shop. It's pretty chill. the vibes were an excellent touch. Nice work brother, per uzhe

DreamEater responds:

Damn bro thank you!

I get all giddy anytime someone compares my stuff to Adult Swim bumps ;.;
That's pretty much all I've wanted for years now <3

Hahaha I see what you did there XD. I quite enjoyed this actually. Especially the second half. And I liked the selection you used for your instruments. Very DOOM like. The one thing I would suggest is to make your drums a little more pronounced. They were kinda quiet at times. Other than that, this is pretty awesome. Keep at it!

Treviabot92-Virstein responds:

Yeah, I did note that. That was really the only thing aside from the lack of mastering that I was dissatisfied with. Thankfully it's been about two and a half years since I've done this, so I have that much more experience. On top of that and my ~9 total years of experience, I've two absolute fucking diamonds of music professors over here at Mt. SAC, among the plethora of diamond professors I already have.

Really glad you liked it, man! People like you are what inspired me to get into music to begin with! 2009 may have been my worst year creatively (which, duh, that was my first time doing anything music related), but I've definitely improved in leaps and bounds since then, especially in the two years following.

I'll probably do a remaster of this within the next few months; right now, I have three separate projects I'm actively working on, including a cover of Goukisan's Betrayal of Fear, as well as an original piece inspired by my perpetually-burning black hole of fury that is my hatred of GTA Online's Oppressor bike. Seriously, fuck that thing and the people who use it. I can't count, nor be bothered to so much as try to count, how many times I've been blown up by that machination of Satan alone.

Please do keep an eye on me! I may be working my way out of a second slump, but I'll recover my streak eventually.

Thanks for the review!

Interesting set. This has a lot of potential. It's probably just taste but i feel like it could've been longer. I was into it. Keep it up dude! 5/5, 9/10

=B=

XenonMusic responds:

Thanks, PaulyB! I really try to make my songs long, but I can really never get a song past 3 mins.

Huh. I never knew you dabbled XD

Not bad for a first. At least it was accurate, and you mixed it up a little bit with the drums and timing. That's interesting. That part astound 2:15 scared the Bekeezus out of me. No worries. Sometimes volume control is difficult. It's almost a constant struggle. But for a first, not bad at all.

Tarnish responds:

Lol, thanks. It wasn't actually the first time I messed around with trying to make a remix, but the first and only time I felt it ever got anywhere. Obviously the mastering is pretty much non-existant since I barely knew what the hell I was doing, but I'm happy with the composition part of it. Especially since I know nothing of music theory and stuff, lol.

Howdy! Here's your R4R review!

I must say I'm impressed! This is the kind of DnB I like! Soft elegant intro right into the drop. And what a drop. The pianos are very well set up. Good rhythm. I can definitely see why you named this the way you did. You must have had good inspiration to come up with something like this. I love it. I'm definitely giving it a 5-vote and maybe even a download

5TanLey responds:

thanks my dude

I like it for a demo. Really could do something with it. I'm feeling a bit of a deep dark vibe from this. Perhaps it's the reverb. It seems to drag a little bit. Totally understandable, it can be hard to get just right sometimes. If only i did have an electric guitar. I have electronic midi lol. Pretty neat either way. Everything was smooth and the flow was right. Really kinda chill. Keep at it

ADR3-N responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, had a bit of an ominous feeling. Was inspired by a scripture that came to mind when I thought about how most of the world is under the thumb of masons and other luciferians who may or may not participate in cannibalism, human sacrifice, and various other nefarious things. I may revisit it.

Also, not just looking for specific instruments. If you felt like programming something, I'd be game.

Not bad. I like this chill kinda deep vibe. You wrote the lyrics, i presume. Always a good skill to have. I will say, i think a little reverb or echo with the voice would've helped. You're not that bad of a singer too. But the best part is just how well everything connected together, which is what makes a song a song.

Keep it up. Me likey

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks a lot for the review! I agree about adding reverb to the vocals - I need to get better at mixing them. And I did write the lyrics, yes. :) Thanks again!

Yo! Pauly B here, formerly Paul Stetich. Super Sonic fan, ex-indy wrestler, and Drum 'n Bass oriented musician. Just a guy chasing big dreams. Feel free to check out my music! Add me to your social media with links below! Catch you in the Audio Portal!

Paul Basila @PaulyBFromDa303